Re: clef change confuses manual key signature

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: clef change confuses manual key signature
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:24:13 -0700

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:58:57 +0200
james <address@hidden> wrote:

> Honestly, what's most important to me is where the sharps/flats in
> the key signature are placed.

Looking at the PDF example, I can't understand which line is supposed
to be the good one. They both look wrong to me.

When I read music, I want the key signature to be always in the
stereotypical (correct) place, and I don't see a reason (in this
particular music) for wanting to have it like either of those
example lines. I could understand (though not agree with) wanting to
have the key signature always in the same range as the notes that are
going to be printed in that line, but both examples go against that.
Therefore, my question... What is the intention behind wanting to put
the key signatures in a different place? How is it supposed to help the
person reading it?

--
David