lilyglyphs LaTeX package

From: Urs Liska
Subject: lilyglyphs LaTeX package
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:34:45 +0200

Hi list,

this is somewhat OT, but only slightly, I think.
In need to insert music glyphs in continuous text (for writing a revision report) I successfully found out how to insert glyphs from LilyPond's Emmentaler font in (Xe)LaTeX documents and wrote a few first commands (thanks to Google and Werner Lemberg).

As this may well be useful for anybody writing about music with LaTeX, I decided to make a package out of it. The project is hosted at https://github.com/uliska/lilyglyphs.

The package is already useable, but there will be some syntax changes in the near future, so I'd rather not use it extensively (you can see the issues in the tracker to get an impression).

For now there are a few predefined commands for glyphs, and a generic command to access glyphs by their name, so anything should already be possible.

In the download section there is a pdf that documents how it works so far and also gives a good impression on what it looks like. You may either clone into the repository or download the package archive from the download page. So far there aren't any useful installation instructions, but I think it should work. You can place a symlink to the .sty file and a symlink to the definitions/ directory in the directory of your .tex file, and it should work.

I will be away for two weeks but would be happy to find a few collaborators afterwards to join the project. a) there are a few issues that I would prefer not to decide alone but rather discuss,
b) a few issues with LaTeX programming where I'd appreciate some help, and
c) the ultimate goal is to cover the whole glyph set, but this will only become reality with several contributors. I will happily work on glyphs that I use personally, but there are so many things I won't use ...

I hope this is on interest to anybody. Please feel free to forward this message to whom it may concern ...

Best
Urs