Re: Simultaneous rehearsal marks and staff spacing

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Simultaneous rehearsal marks and staff spacing
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:52:42 +0200

On 17 August 2012 09:04, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I use the first method shown in the LSR for putting two simultaneous
> rehearsal marks above and below the staff (
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=735), but it has the ugly side effect of
> increasing the spacing above that stave compared to the normal spacing. Is
> there any way to use this method without affecting the staff spacing?

Hi,

I use Neil's great "multi-mark-engraver" and I can put two simultaneous
rehearsal marks with different directions, self-alignment-X, etc.
AFAIK it works great and does not exhibit side effect on staff spacing.

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00157.html
for the definition of "multi-mark-engraver".

%%%% Lily code

% you should include the definition of "multi-mark-engraver"
% http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00157.html

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Mark_engraver"
    \consists #multi-mark-engraver
    \consists "Tweak_engraver"

\relative c'{
  \repeat unfold 60 { c4 }
  \tweak #'self-alignment-X #RIGHT
  \mark \markup \normalsize \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"
  \tweak #'direction #DOWN
  \tweak #'self-alignment-X #RIGHT
  \mark \markup \normalsize "Menuetto D.C."
}

%%%% End of lily code

Cheers,
Xavier