Re: [Frescobaldi] Music view sometimes doesn't open

From: Kai Lautenschläger
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Music view sometimes doesn't open
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:48:07 +0200

Am 20.08.2012 um 16:34 schrieb Gerard McConnell <address@hidden>:

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Kai Lautenschläger <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately my skills are not enough to install Frescobaldi on a Mac but I observed exactly the same behavior using Lilypond via jEdit. IMHO this points towards some cause within the software that Frescobaldi AND JEdit are dependent on. Though I don't have any idea which one.

I thought this might help to narrow down the cause for the described behavior.

Best regards,
Kai

I recall having this problem when using jEdit; I think it occurs if the .pdf has been moved from its original folder, or is in a different folder to the .ly file?
Gerard

In my case I never touched the PDF files and they are saved to the same directory as the .ly file. Above that, the strange thing is, that it does not always fail to show the PDF. But the bug (if it os one) only appears when opening a file.

Best regards,
Kai