Re: Different versions of LilyPond on Windows7

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Different versions of LilyPond on Windows7
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 03:36:11 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm using multiple versions of Lilypond on my Win7/64 Machine without
Frescobaldi - but I'm compiling with command line only.

The first version I installed in a user defined path without white space in
its name and ending with the subfolder "Lilypond".
I renamed this installation directory by adding the version number to it,
e.g. "Lilypond-2-12-3".
Then I could install the next version into the same originally used folder
("Lilypond") without uninstalling the old one first.
Again, after installation I renamed this, too (e.g. "Lilypond-2-14-2").
And so on ... (e.g. "Lilypond-2-15-95").
I each of the installation directory I added a batch file which (if not
correct anymore) creates a symbolic link (command "mklink") from my
"Lilypond" directory to the desired version "Lilypond-*-*-*" (and removes
the old link before).
To switch between the versions, I have to execute the according BAT file
first.

Well, and there is no warrenty for the future, it may happen that some
versions will not cooperate with this method.