Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 23:05:13 +0200

2012/8/23 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
> Dear italian users,
>
> do you have any good idea about how to translate "spanner"?
> I had this doubt in the past, see end of this page:
> http://lists.linux.it/pipermail/tp/2011-February/021547.html
>
> and I decided not to translate it.
> What do you think about it?
>
> Taking inspiration from the latin languages:
> - Spanish uses "trazador"... maybe like "tracciatore" in italian?

I didn't remember it, but logs show that I translated into "trazador"
back in 2007, in the file po/es.po only. Then, all along the docs I
have not translated it again as "trazador" [drawer]. I have adopted
"objeto de extensión" [ ~ an object with an extension, or a long
object, or one which occupies space] now.

> - French uses "extension"
>
> Last year I chose "estensore".

I'd vote for that if my knowledge of French or Italian were greater.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com