Re: problem with beam

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Re: problem with beam
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:43:40 -0400

Eluze,
I forgot to make sure that the lilypond-user list was in the "To" field when I replied as follows:
>Fabio,
>Try \stemUp or \stemDown. In English, the beam is the horizontal line, so you want to tell the stem (vertical) to >move and the beam will follow.
>Best Wishes from a fellow bass player!
>Mark
I see that you gave the shotgun answer with a pointer to the the documentation, and I gave the rifle answer with the command but no pointer to documentation. For my own progress in learning, what other way is there besides \stemUp, \stemDown and \stemNeutral? I couldn't find anything else in my cursory perusal of the docs.
Thanks,
Mark

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM, eluze <address@hidden> wrote:

fabio wrote

> how can i choose if the beam goes up or down? i'm not so good in english
> and i don't know how to explain better...! for now i write this

there are different ways - e.g.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation-big-page#direction-and-placement
or
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation-big-page#single_002dstaff-polyphony