Re: doc about new scheme-functions in 2.16.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: doc about new scheme-functions in 2.16.
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:00:31 +0200

Stefan Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear community,
> is there a document available, where one can learn more about the new
> scheme-extending possibilities in 2.16.?
> I would like to know, how one can use #{…#} for constructing chord
> constituents (quotation of the "changes" site of 2.16.).

Huh.  This is probably a bit artificial: it does not as much describe an
actual use case as it does describe the layers of nesting of music
expression.

A chord constituent is something written inside of <  >.  You can write
things like

The first #{...#} cranks out just a pitch (which of course can be used
inside of a chord).  The second cranks out a NoteEvent (its duration is
actually overriden when the closing angle bracket is written) rather
than, as before, a NoteEvent inside of an EventChord.  As such, it fits
inside of a chord as well.

--
David Kastrup