Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [for Italian users] how to translate "spanner"?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:10:24 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> In general, a translator should try to translate as much as
> possible. At least this is what I've learned from other italian
> translators.
> I think it's also a kind of cultural matter: in North Europe you are
> more used to english words and language, while in Italy, France and
> Spain it's different (for example, we overdub any foreign movie).

A friend of mine once came across a PostScript tutorial which suffered
significantly in usability by the translators not just translating all
variable names in the examples, but also the standard operators.

The point is that if "spanner" is mostly used to relate to things
written in the LilyPond code base and corpus, translating it is not
going to help.

--
David Kastrup