Re: lilypondfile

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: lilypondfile
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:54:21 +0200

On 2012-08-28 07:09, pabuhr wrote:
    > Is there a way to generate an eps file directly as for a ps file? I need
the
    > bounding box to include the exact output into latex (I'm not using
pdflatex).
    > I tried manually converting the ps to eps: ps2pdf generates a file that is
    > unusable (go figure), and "convert" generates a low quality image (maybe
one of
    > the many parameters can fix this). Using command-line option
"backend=eps" does
    > generate a eps file but it's not the same as the original because it is
for
    > lilypond-book

    I see no reason why there should be a difference.

There is a small shift left and up that is different from lilypondfile, which
is what I was previously using. I can compensate in latex.

    lilypond -dbackend=eps -daux-files=#f file.ly

    should be what you are after...

Perfect, except it still generates a PDF file, which I don't need and I could
not find an command-line option to prevent the PDF from being created.
But that's what a Makefile is for: I just delete the PDF.

Lilypond also has a --ps option.... So what you want is:

 lilypond -dbackend=eps -daux-files=#f --ps file.ly

Cheers,
Reinhold Kainhofer
Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886