LC_PAPER and default paper size

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: LC_PAPER and default paper size
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:09:06 -0400

Hello!

I have noticed that Lilypond 2.16.0 uses A4 paper size even if the
locale is set to en_US.utf8.  I can force the letter output by using

-dpaper-size=\"letter\"

but that seems inelegant.  Is there any way to make Lilypond default to
letter pages without adding anything to the command line?

I used strace and didn't see Lilypond open any file in the home
directory, such as ~/.lilypondrc or something.

Should not Lilypond respect the LC_PAPER setting from the locale?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin