Re: Hiding expressive notation

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Hiding expressive notation
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:51:23 +0200

Il 30/08/2012 07:44, Ben Eichler ha scritto:
Hi there,

I transcribe music for guitar using a normal staff and tabstaff. About
99% of the time, when I specify a string a note must be played on, I
don't want it to create a string notation on the normal staff, I only
want it to change the string used (and show the correct fret) on the
TabStaff.

Is it possible for me to hide this type of notation from the normal
staff without rewriting the music without specifying the strings? I
tried searching for a command in the index but couldn't find anything
relevant.

Just add this in the \layout block:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \override StringNumber #'transparent = ##t

Federico