Re: Lyrics help

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: Lyrics help
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:21:57 +0200

Hello Arle,

2012/8/30 Arle Lommel <address@hidden>
I'm transcribing some songs I collected in the field and I need to have a volta repeat in the music where the lyrics for two verses are listed under the repeated section and then for the rest of the song has a single line. I've figured out ways to attach two lines to the entire song (and obviously ways to attach one line to the entire song), but not a way to have two lines for just part of the song.

To be clearer, here is a little ASCII diagram of what I am after:

|: SOME MUSIC GOES HERE :|  SOME MORE MUSIC IN THE SAME VOICE |
1. Lyrics to verse one                    3. Lyrics to voice three
2. Lyrics to verse two

| SOME MORE MUSIC GOES HERE IN THE SAME VOICE |
4. Lyrics to verse four         4. Lyrics to verse five…   etc.

If you are able to attach two lines to the entire song and you need your two lines only at the beginning, the solution is very simple:

firstlyricsline = { lyrics1 lyrics3 lyrics4 lyrics5 }
secondlyricsline = { lyrics2 }

HTH

Marek Klein
http://gregoriana.sk