Re: Hiding staff without hiding bar lines

From: Michael Rivers
Subject: Re: Hiding staff without hiding bar lines
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:40:06 -0700 (PDT)

\override Staff.StaffSymbol #'stencil = ##f

That works perfectly. I don't even need to worry about the ledger lines
because it's all one one pitch on the staff -- purely a rhythm exercise. It
makes sense that stopping the staff entirely would make the bar lines
infinitely short; if I wanted a three-line staff, for example, I wouldn't
want the bar lines to be five lines tall.

Thanks for the help, everyone. Once I've got templates for all my exercises
and tests, modifying them should be pretty fast and easy.