Re: giant bar numbers

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: giant bar numbers
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:14:24 +1000

On 31/08/12 15:10, Nick Payne wrote:
On 31/08/12 13:00, Curt wrote:
For film scoring, it's common to want giant bar numbers in the middle of the score.  Does anyone have ideas on how to center bar numbers above a bar, as opposed to them being aligned to the bar line?  With that, I'm thinking I can create an invisible staff that has no engraver except for the bar-number-engraver, and then giving it a very large font.  It'd be just above Violin 1 in the orchestral score.  I think that way they'll be nicely aligned vertically - I'm just not sure how to center them.

Have a look at http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=651

Maybe https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2445 provides a better solution (scroll to the bottom to get the latest version of the code).

Nick