spacing

From: pabuhr
Subject: spacing
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 15:04:44 -0700

I have a vertical spacing problem with MetronomeMark and rhythmMark. The
include for rhythmMark.ly comes from here:

   http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=204

In the following example, I have moved the MetronomeMark down and to the left
below the highest beam. However, a ghost spacing for the MetronomeMark still
exists above the highest beam, as if the MetronomeMark was not moved. After
repositioning the MetronomeMark, I want the rhythmMark to appear direct above
the highest beam with the same spacing as when the MetronomeMark is commented
out. Is there a way to accomplish this vertical spacing?

\version "2.16.0"
\language english
\include "rhythmMark.ly"

melody = \relative c' {
        \stemUp d8[cs'']  <d, a'>[e']  d,^[d']  <d, a'>[<a' d>]
} % melody

\score {
        <<
                \context Voice {
                        \tempo 4=100
                        \override Score.MetronomeMark #'extra-offset = #'( -5 .
-4.5 )
                        \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
                        \rhythmMark #"Swing" \rhyMarkIIEighths
\rhyMarkSlurredTriplets
                        \melody

% Local Variables: %
% tab-width: 4 %
% compile-command: "lilypond --ps test6.ly" %
% End: %