fonts on Mac 10.7.4

From: Curt
Subject: fonts on Mac 10.7.4
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 23:58:06 -0700

Hi, I'm using Lilypond.app 2.16 on Mac 10.7.4.  (The change log says 10.7 is
supported now.)

lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x

shows that I have Gloucester MT Extra Condensed available as a font for me.
Font Book shows it as being in True Type and Open Type format.

I try specifying it in my lilypond score file:

                \override TimeSignature #'font-name = "Gloucester MT Extra
Condensed"
                \override TimeSignature #'font-size = #2

and it just comes at as some sort of plain sans serif looking thing.  I don't
get any error messages or warnings.

Is there something extra I have to do to make lilypond see my fonts?  I saw the
thing in the docs about "fondu" but that only looked relevant for the ".dfont"
system fonts on os x.

Thanks,
Curt