Re: fonts on Mac 10.7.4

From: flup2
Subject: Re: fonts on Mac 10.7.4
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 01:02:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

3 things that might help :

- OS X font recognized by LilyPond can be a problem. On my configuration, I
have no problem with OpenType, .dfont, Windows true type (.ttf), but it
doesn't recognize my Mac True type fonts (generally, rather old fonts). As
your font is available in both True Type and Openfont, first thing to do
would be to check in the Font Book app that the active one is the Opentype
version (and thus the true type version inactive).

Did you already try to use that particular font to change the title font in
LilyPond ? Trying this in the paper block could test that your font is
really recognized by Lilypond :

%%%%%%%%
\paper{
        myStaffSize = #20
        #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree "Gloucester MT Extra Condensed"
                          "Gloucester MT Extra Condensed"
                          "Gloucester MT Extra Condensed"
                           (/ myStaffSize 20)
                           ))
}
%%%%%%%%%

- I tried your command with a custom font I use in a document, and I does
absolutely nothing. So, I may be wrong, but I'm not totally sure that
time-signature font can be changed that way.

- another idea would be to force lilypond to create a new font cache file.
Using the terminal, you should enter the following command :

rm .lilypond-fonts.cache-2

The next LilyPond compilation will take much time, creating a new cache
file.

Hope this helps

Philippe