Re: Markup Query

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Markup Query
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 12:45:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Gentry" <address@hidden>
To: "'Phil Holmes'" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 12:20 PM

Phil

I want the result to be as the first, ie one text string centred on the page.

I realise that the first example achieves this- however in general I would like to be able to concatonate data into one string that I could centre on the page without having to manually calculate the required hspace. The second syntax does this but splits up the components of the string and spaces then on new lines.

This should do what you want.

date = "01-02-2012"
\markup {
\fill-line {
\concat { "Engraved " \bold \date " with " \with-url #"http://lilypond.org/"; "LilyPond " \simple #(lilypond-version) " (http://lilypond.org/)" }
 }

Please remember to "reply-all" so that the mailing list also sees updates.

--
Phil Holmes