Re: custom key signatures

From: james
Subject: Re: custom key signatures
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 18:11:03 +0200

On Sep 3, 2012, at 7:10 AM, Keith OHara wrote:

>> Brain fart. the space below the first line is 1, not zero.
>
> The staff-positions start with 0 at the center of the staff, so the bottom
> staff-line is -4 and the top is position 4.
> This info is a little far away, in Learning Manual 4.5.1.
>
>> And the A-flat? Assuming I want that on [] space above first line?
>
> If the A-flat is too high on position 4, say
>   \override Staff.KeySignature #'flat-positions = #'(3)
> to put the flats on the top space (position 3) or below.

Okay. This makes sense. I was only half-reading before and saw the modification
put the flat-position at position but completely missed the bit where you were
talking about "first space above the staff"—I was still in bass clef, thinking
about the G, and trying to make the first space below the top line of the staff
position 5. Thanks tons!

James