Re: Mensural clefs

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Mensural clefs
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 19:13:23 +0000 (UTC)

Phil Holmes <email <at> philholmes.net> writes:

> I've started setting a bit of mensural music, from Dufay.  All of the music
> uses a C clef, similar to the mensural-c.  However, the gap between the
> upper and lower half of the clef is _exactly_ centred on the c staff line.

The gap should be centered on C, and is for me.

Did you by chance select a four-line staff with
 \set StaffSymbol #'line-count
?  That creates line-positions of -3 -1 1 3, whereas the lines are usually
at even numbers, so you might have the note middle C in a space.

If so, you could choose the four lines by listing 'line-positions, or adjust
the middle-c-position on the clef.