Re: beam across larger rest

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: beam across larger rest
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 00:14:20 +0200

2012/9/4 David Bobroff <address@hidden>:
> In this example I have a beam going across a rest larger than the beam
> value.
>
> \version "2.16.0"
>
> \relative {
>   { d16-[ r r8 e16-] r r8 }
> }
>
> The 16th beam breaks over the 8th rest.  Is it possible to extend the
> 16th beam across the 8th rest like this?:
>
> http://notendur.centrum.is/~bobroff/double-beam.png
>
> -David

Hi David,

all I can offer is a more than ugly work-around:

\version "2.16.0"

\relative {
        <<{ d16*1*4[ e16] \override Staff.Rest #'staff-position = #-2 r16 r8 }
        \\
        {  s8 \override Staff.Rest #'staff-position = #-4 r16 r8 }>>
        c2
}

Well, you could try to override Beam-stencil, constructing a new one,
but this is too much work. I don't think it's woth to.
I hope someone comes up with a better solution.

Regards,
  Harm