Re: beam across larger rest

From: Tiresia GIUNO
Subject: Re: beam across larger rest
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:19:47 +0200

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 12:30:16 +1000
Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/09/12 17:54, David Bobroff wrote:
> > In this example I have a beam going across a rest larger than the
> > beam value.
> >
> > \version "2.16.0"
> >
> > \relative {
> >    { d16-[ r r8 e16-] r r8 }
> > }
> >
> > The 16th beam breaks over the 8th rest.  Is it possible to extend
> > the 16th beam across the 8th rest like this?:
> >
> > http://notendur.centrum.is/~bobroff/double-beam.png
>
> \version "2.16.0"
>
> \relative {
>      <<
>          { d16[ s8. e16] }
>          \\
>          { s16 r r8 s16 }
>      >>
>      r r8
> }

I notice that putting three 16th rests keeps extended also the 16th
beam:
        \relative { d16[ r r r e16] r r8 }

So it must be the 8th rest that stop the 16th beam. I would expect that
setting the baseMoment to 1/16 would bring to the wished result:

        \set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)

But it doesn't work. So I guess I'm ignoring a default rule which sets
such a behavior. If so, can someone point me to file where such a rule
is?
Thanks, TG