Vertically aligning repeat bar dots with custom staff lines

From: Wolfheart
Subject: Vertically aligning repeat bar dots with custom staff lines
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 20:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I have a non-default staff made with only two lines (which are NOT symmetrical, i.e. they're nothing like -2 and 2). Instead, they are 0 and -4. The staff was created with the following line:

\override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'(0 -4)

Since the lines are not equidistant from 0, I needed to change things like clef position, bar extent and rests (I made variables with things like g8\rest etc.). The repeat bar itself also got changed by the bat extent line, which is awesome. So far, so good.

But that only changed the repeat bar's position and height (i.e. where it begins and ends). It does NOT change the vertical alignment of the two dots, and that's kind of my doubt: is there any way I can do this? I'd like to move those two dots to vertical position -2 (which is the center of this staff, and the same as the clef position).

I made a simplified draft so that you guys could have a look without worrying too much about the music itself. :)

I believe the most obvious solution would be to actually use equidistant values like -2 and 2 as line positions. The clef, rests and everything else wouldn't need any replacing, right? But I can't really, because this would screw up the other files that I have here. I created a specific language file to use with different staves (including one-liners and three-liners...), so that all the pitch names for the spaces around the first line fit exactly (which is why the top line is 0 in the two-lined staff above). Besides, the pitch names for the second and third lines (whenever they're present) were also carefully planned according to the distance between them.

I thought about creating different language files for pitch names if all of these staves were to be used in distinct scores, but sadly that's not the case. I need all of them to work together (in many different arrangements, some even with multiple two-liners etc.), so 0 and -4 are *really* necessary. Both the one-liner and the three-liner are actually centered around 0, so this problem only happens with the two-liner.

So we're back at square one and the original problem stands: how can I change the alignment of those dots?

Anyways, thanks in advance! ♥