Re: update all files with convert.ly (Vol 118, Issue 26)

From: pabuhr
Subject: Re: update all files with convert.ly (Vol 118, Issue 26)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 09:08:36 -0700

Try

   $ find -name '*.ly' -print -exec convert-ly -ed {} \;

to print the file name before each conversion.

   > From: Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>
   > To: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
   > Subject: Re: update all files with convert.ly

   > On 2012-09-04 11:37, David Kastrup wrote:> Stefan Thomas
   > <address@hidden> writes:
   >>
   >>> Dear community,
   >>> how can I update all my ly files (including subfolders) with one
   >>> command?
   >>
   >> Depending on operating system, something like
   >>
   >> find -name '*.ly' -exec convert-ly -ed {} \;
   >>
   >> might do the trick.  Needless to say, create a backup first.
   >
   > Plus, if convert-ly is not able to convert a particular feature
   > automatically, it only prints out a warning that you need to fix
   > something manually, but you'll have no indication in which file and
   > where exactly you have to do some manual work….

   One way to cope with that, if the OS is sufficiently unix-like, is:

   for f in `find . -name \*.ly -print`
   do
     echo Converting $f
     convert-ly -ed $f
   done

   Then any files which had problems could be identified and addressed
individually.