Re: Custom key signature at line break

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Custom key signature at line break
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 00:27:45 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/9/6 Janne Uusitalo <address@hidden>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> if I typeset a key change from b major to g major, f remains sharp and
>> LilyPond prints out the naturals necessary for c, g, d, and a. Makes
>> perfect sense, but the standard I'm required to follow has it that an
>> extra # for fis should precede the group of naturals.

[...]

> at the end of a line I'd change the order in which KeyCancellation and
> KeySignature appears. This requires some new settings in KeySignature
> 'space-alist and BreakAlignment 'break-align-orders.

[lots]

> Seems to work with all tested versions (2.12.3 up to 2.17.2)
> The code is mostly copied from an old file of mine, I hope I didn't
> overlook anything.

If "the code is mostly copied from an old file" of yours, this sounds
like Janne has needed to "follow some standard", and you needed to do so
previously as well.  So it would appear like a request that is not
unheard of, and LilyPond should likely provide an easier way to support
this style.

Do you have a suggestion how this could be fit into LilyPond?  With
LaTeX, one would likely make this the topic of a style package and load
it with \usepackage, possibly with several possible options to select
various variants of key changes.

--
David Kastrup