Re: RE:Markup query

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: RE:Markup query
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:02:17 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Gentry" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 7:55 PM
Subject: RE:Markup query

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 03:36:40 -0700 Graham Percival wrote

Notation A.10 is intended to give such a source of definitions.

- Graham

Ah I had downloaded all twelve of the pdf manuals which I routinely search via the Adnaced Search option to find inspiration and or
confusion.

Notation A.10 is in the html document which doesn't get searched routinely.

It does have a set of definitions although not all examples cover material in the pdf manuals.

What is the recommended source, should I make the html my first port of call?

As others have said, it is definitely in the notation PDF.

As an alternative to searching (which always used to be my first port-of-call) may I suggest you explore using the index instead or as well. You may find that quicker and more accurate.

If you have specific proposals for improvements, please let us know. And if you want an example of a really bad manual, try Sibelius.

--
Phil Holmes