Re: lilypond-book or latex doesn't find the necessary files

From: Daniel E. Moctezuma
Subject: Re: lilypond-book or latex doesn't find the necessary files
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 01:48:28 -0700

Hello Stefan,

I had that same error a couple of hours ago and I fixed like this on my bash script:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

TEMP_DIR=temp
INPUT_FILE=yourfile.lytex
OUTPUT_FILE=yourfile.pdf
CURRENT_DIR=$(pwd)

lilypond-book --pdf \
              --include="$CURRENT_DIR" \
              --output="$TEMP_DIR" \
              "$INPUT_FILE" && \
(cd "$TEMP_DIR" && \
 pdflatex yourfile.tex && \
 mv "$OUTPUT_FILE" ..) && \
rm -rf "$TEMP_DIR"

notice that I used the unix command "pwd", also note that I added to the options with double quotes (--include="$CURRENT_DIR") so there would not be problems if the path has whitespaces.
Also I think you can change the .lytex extension for .tex, but not really sure.

I have to say that I didn't get what I was expecting because I was adding a title page to a lilypond file (using a \book {} section) that resulted on a nice title page but a big indented music. So I compiled the title page and the music separately and joined them with pdfunite (from poppler-utils), if any has an explanation of why this happens or a better way to achieve it would be very appreciated.

--
Daniel E. Moctezuma