dynamics contexts

From: james
Subject: dynamics contexts
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:57:18 +0200

Perhaps I don't understand the purpose of the dynamics context. I've been using
them to align all dynamic marks on a single line, however, I don't see how to
control whether the dynamics are place above or below the staff. For example:
\version "2.17.2"

\score {
   <<
      \new Staff = "tset" \relative c' { c4 b d c e d f e}
      \new Dynamics {
         \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "text"
         s4\startTextSpan s1_\< s4\! s_\p s\stopTextSpan

\score {
   <<
      \new Staff = "tset" \relative c' { c4 b d c e d f e }
      {
         \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "text"
         s4\startTextSpan s1_\< s4\! s_\p s\stopTextSpan

The former has the problem that the spanner is printed on top of the dynamics,
and the latter has the problem that the dynamics are not aligned. Is it
possible to get output similar to the latter, but with the dynamics aligned
better?