Re: Text font sizes

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Text font sizes
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:59:19 +0200

On 17/09/2012 12:15, Urs Liska wrote:
> How can I determine (or set) the absolute point size of fonts that
> LilyPond uses for text elements (in my current case the page numbers)?

It does not use an absolute font size. The size is relative to the staff
size.

> The issue at hand is that I compile a volume from textual pages and
> LilyPond scores. The complete book will be created with LaTeX, the
> scores included with pdfpages. Of course I want the info in the header
> and footer be formatted the same way in both parts.
>
> There would be another approach I could think of, but which I'm
> slightly scared of. If I get a hint how to achieve it I might go this
> way instead (but I'd be interested in an answer to my original
> question anyway ...):
> I could compile the LilyPond scores without headers and footers and
> create these with LaTeX throughout the book. But there are two things:
> - I'd have to remove headers and footers without affecting the layout
> of the scores that have already been finished.

You might call includepdf with the crop option (which is passed to
includegraphics) to cut off the existing header/footer and then let
latex do the rest.
The pdfpages documentation mentions this.

> - I'd have to find the solution to crop and place the LIlyPond pages
> so they don't interfere with LateX's page margins (or is there an
> option to pdfpages that I didn't find so far and that allows to print
> headers and footers _on top_ of the included pages?).

The following Q&A solves that issue:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/50388/attached-external-pdf-file-is-not-showing-page-number

Cheers,
Reinhold