Re: Text font sizes

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Text font sizes
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:11:49 +0200

Am 17.09.2012 12:59, schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
On 17/09/2012 12:15, Urs Liska wrote:
How can I determine (or set) the absolute point size of fonts that
LilyPond uses for text elements (in my current case the page numbers)?
It does not use an absolute font size. The size is relative to the staff
size.
Thanks for this information.
Of course I realize that it is relative to the staff size. But in the end Lily _has_ to print text at a specific font size, isn't it?
So there's no way to determine the actually used font sizes?

This means if I want identical text elements from other programs I do have to find out by trial and error ...

The issue at hand is that I compile a volume from textual pages and
LilyPond scores. The complete book will be created with LaTeX, the
scores included with pdfpages. Of course I want the info in the header
and footer be formatted the same way in both parts.

There would be another approach I could think of, but which I'm
slightly scared of. If I get a hint how to achieve it I might go this
way instead (but I'd be interested in an answer to my original
question anyway ...):
I could compile the LilyPond scores without headers and footers and
create these with LaTeX throughout the book. But there are two things:
- I'd have to remove headers and footers without affecting the layout
of the scores that have already been finished.
You might call includepdf with the crop option (which is passed to
includegraphics) to cut off the existing header/footer and then let
latex do the rest.
The pdfpages documentation mentions this.

- I'd have to find the solution to crop and place the LIlyPond pages
so they don't interfere with LateX's page margins (or is there an
option to pdfpages that I didn't find so far and that allows to print
headers and footers _on top_ of the included pages?).
The following Q&A solves that issue:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/50388/attached-external-pdf-file-is-not-showing-page-number

Thanks for these hints (sorry, this is still quite confusing for me, so I may ask unnecessary questions every now and then). I think this will be enough to get me going.

Best
Urs

Cheers,
Reinhold