How to print a timesig.C22 character in the context of a grob

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: How to print a timesig.C22 character in the context of a grob
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:46:11 -0400

I have managed to modify the compound time snippet to print a
neomensural time signature like "C3".

Now I want one with the 2/2 C style instead of the 4/4 style.

My code (don't laugh too hard, I just fiddled until it worked) looks
like:

settime = {
#(define ((compound-time one two num) grob)
   (grob-interpret-markup grob
                          (markup  #:override '(baseline-skip . 0)
                                   #:number
                                  (#:line ((#:vcenter "C")
                                          (#:vcenter "3"))))))

  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #(compound-time "C" "3" "1")
  \time 3/2

}

It surprised me that "C" actually produces something like the time
signature "C", although it isn't typographically much like the time
signature "3", and I don't think it's actually the timesig.44 glyph.

So how do I get the timesig.22 glyph in there instead of the C?

I've really tried a lot of stuff with \markup and \musicglyph, and it
doesn't seem to work in this context, although if I put plain strings in
there, they print instead of the "C".

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

All the horrors of the reign of terror were based only on solicitude
for public tranquillity.

Leo Tolstoy, _War and Peace_