Re: Placing dynamic and hairpin

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Placing dynamic and hairpin
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:29:47 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> "Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> writes:
>>> {  g'''4 -\tweak #'X-offset #-2.7 \p ( \< e'''4 \! \> d'''4 \!) }
>>
>> Well, I am working on getting rid of the - in -\tweak but it's tricky.
>
> I'm crossing fingers for you :)

Thanks.  This seemingly little change is actually a codependent part of
quite a package in the department of making LilyPond more powerful and
consistent.  So it's taking some time, and it can't be done
independently of other work.

That's also one of the things one can't really "decide" as part of a
policy since it takes a lot of work somebody has to do, while the
results don't really pose much of a vote: previously valid scores
continue working, and a number of things which one feels _should_ have
worked start doing so instead of failing for complex technical reasons
one really cannot easily deliver good user-accessible explanations for.

--
David Kastrup