Re: Problem with a specific font in header markup

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Problem with a specific font in header markup
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:00:57 +0200

Am 21.09.2012 06:34, schrieb Jim Long:
I'm trying to print a sample of a text font I found named
JazzText.  I can't seem to make it work.  I can make another font
work, called Air Conditioner.  I can make the JazzText font
work in Scribus, and create a PDF that renders as expected.
But the Lilypond PDF using JazzText substitutes a sans-serif
font where the JazzText font should be.

fc-list shows both fonts available on both machines:

Lilypond agrees that these fonts are available:

The PDF viewer, running fontconfig-2.8.0_1:

The md5 hash of the .TTF font file matches between the two machines.
Both machines have the font file in the same directory.

I created a test document in Scribus on the PDF-viewer laptop and

The PDF created by Lilypond appears to reference the correct
font:

But xpdf displays the PDF with a non-descript sans serif font
substituted in the header.

What can I do next to troubleshoot this?
What does the PDF viewer tell you about embedded fonts?
Does this give you any hints?

Thank you!