Re: rhythm fragments in different pitches

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: rhythm fragments in different pitches
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 12:42:31 +0200

"Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am seriously sorry, I annoyed you with bugs in the code and lengthy
> files. It was not meant like that and I apologize. Especially since I
> really continue to be amazed by the efficiency of this list and the
> speed, with which help is offered. So I hope you will forgive my
> obviously mistaken approach.

It's not as much a matter of "annoyance" than of efficiency.  If people
are willing to spend a few minutes on your problems, you don't want to
have them spend this time on things that don't actually help you.

With regard to the log file in rtf format: this is not going to be
overly useful to most developers.  So if you attach information to mail
to the list, try avoiding a workflow involving Word or other word
processors.  Your mail client should be able to attach files without
needing to involve a word processor.

> Nevertheless I got the help, that I needed - as always. Everything
> works fine with the file, that David posted.

At some point of time, we probably should have a convenience function
for the pattern

(reverse! (fold-some-music [predicate]
                           (lambda (l m) (cons ([extractor] m) l))
                           '()
                           [music]))

The example code I posted uses this twice already.

--
David Kastrup