Re: crossStaff question

From: ornello
Subject: Re: crossStaff question
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 02:58:27 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, the formatting has broken my previous post. Here is another attempt...

The new \crossStaff command distributes chord notes on two staves, e.g.

\version "2.16.0"

\layout {
  \context {
    \PianoStaff
    \consists #Span_stem_engraver

{
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      <c' d'>4
    }
    \new Staff {
      \clef bass
      \override Stem #'direction = #up
      \crossStaff { <e g>4 }

However as all chord notes (musically) belong to the same voice I would like
to notate the entire chord within the same context. Is it somehow possible
to write a cross-staff chord within one staff context only (using \change
Staff)? I thought about something like the following (which however does not
perform a staff change):

\layout {
  \context {
    \PianoStaff
    \consists #Span_stem_engraver

{
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" {
      <<
        { \change Staff = "lower" \crossStaff { <e g>4 } }

    }
    \new Staff = "lower" {
      \clef bass
      s4