Re: Replacing the r1 glyph

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Replacing the r1 glyph
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:51:55 +0200

Hi Oscar,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Oscar Dub <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to typeset a score that uses the notation shown in the attached
> image to represent whole rests.
>
> As I see it there are two stages to achieving this in LilyPond:
> – Creating the necessary glyph (I assume the simplest way would be
> to edit scripts.ufermata from Feta, but am completely unsure where to start).
> – Writing and implementing a scheme function to engrave the glyph in place of
> the standard 'r1' output.
>
> As a relatively new LilyPond user, I'm struggling with both tasks. Any
> pointers would be appreciated!

as you want to add something to LilyPond herself, i think this message
will fit better on the developer list (address@hidden), so i'm
forwarding it.

Have you tried modifying LilyPond source code before, do you know how
to access it?  If not, take a look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/overview-of-work-flow
and then
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/quick-start

As for modifying Feta font, there is some introduction here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/modifying-the-feta-font

Let us know when you encounter any problems (as a rule of thumb, if
you haven't found a solution after 20 minutes of searching, it's fine
to ask.  Developers may occasionally overlook some emails, but they
are generally helpful when you ask specific questions).

cheers :)
Janek