Re: slashed charackters, script not working

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: slashed charackters, script not working
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:23:51 +0200

Stefan Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear community,
> I have a problem with a sheme-function that does'nt work any more.
> I get the error message:
>
>     wrong type for argument 1. Expecting character, found "D"
>     \markup { \slashed-char
>     #"D" }
>
> I need it a slashed letter, it is necessary for some symbols used in
> harmony classes in german music theory.
> Here's the script:
>
> \version "2.16.0"
> % Inspired by slashed-digit from scm/define-markup.scm:
> #(define-markup-command (slashed-char layout props ch) (char?)

Uh, you are aware that (char? "D") is false?  In 2.14,
define-markup-command did not actually apply the predicate but rather
divided predicates into a few classes without looking at the actual
argument ever.  It was just coincidence that this happened to work.  If
you _really_ want to pass a character, you need to write
\slashed-char ##\D
but it is unlikely that the followup code can actually deal with a
character (as it did not get one before).

So probably you want a string? predicate here instead of a char?
predicate.

--
David Kastrup