Re: slashed charackters, script not working

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: slashed charackters, script not working
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:33:28 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> \version "2.16.0"
>> % Inspired by slashed-digit from scm/define-markup.scm:
>> #(define-markup-command (slashed-char layout props ch) (char?)
>
> Uh, you are aware that (char? "D") is false?  In 2.14,
> define-markup-command did not actually apply the predicate but rather
> divided predicates into a few classes without looking at the actual
> argument ever.  It was just coincidence that this happened to work.

And if you wonder why I remember this so acutely, you'll see that my
patch for changing this was reverted about 4 times for varying reasons
(the last iterations because of "unrelated" _documentation_ strings
violating markup predicates).  I think that somebody else recommitted
the final fix after the documentation errors were ironed out because I
had gotten so unnerved at the repeated failures.

--
David Kastrup