Re: Replacing the r1 glyph

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Replacing the r1 glyph
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:44:49 +0200

Am 26.09.2012 02:30, schrieb Oscar Dub:
Hi,

I'm trying to typeset a score that uses the notation shown in the attached image to represent whole rests.

As I see it there are two stages to achieving this in LilyPond:
– Creating the necessary glyph (I assume the simplest way would be to edit scripts.ufermata from Feta, but am completely unsure where to start). – Writing and implementing a scheme function to engrave the glyph in place of the standard 'r1' output.
I don't know whether this new whole rest is a common notation; if not and you only need that for yourself, I'd not edit the mf sources but create a markup that looks like the shape. Once you managed this, you can write a callback for Rest #'stencil that checks for the duration of the rest, applies your markup if it is 1 and calls ly:rest::print otherwise.

HTH,

Marc

As a relatively new LilyPond user, I'm struggling with both tasks. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Oscar