Re: "Parallel music view" - inspiration for LilyPond editors.

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: "Parallel music view" - inspiration for LilyPond editors.
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:56:01 +0200

Am 26.09.2012 13:53, schrieb Mats Bengtsson:

On 09/26/2012 12:48 PM, address@hidden wrote:
What about editors like Frescobaldi having the ability to convert
"regular lilypond" to "horizontal scroll" and back?  E.g. the code
above would be displayed as (view using monospace font):

<<
   { a4 b  c  d  e  f  g  a  e    a   g  f  }

   { e4 a  g  f  c2    e     d8 c f4  d2    }

I may be stupid, but it's not obvious to me how this small example would extend to a longer piece that doesn't fit on a single line in the editor.

    /Mats

Well, not regarding how to implement this, it would of course have to extend identically as a musical system with multiple staves extends over line breaks, i.e. when the line is full, start a new line with the same structure.
Of course this construct shouldn't be surrounded by
<<

but by something that doesn't exist in LilyPond syntax

Best
Urs