Re: Cannot use italics for lyrics text

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Cannot use italics for lyrics text
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 21:13:28 +0200

2012/9/27 Thomas Chardin <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> Using the code below I manage to change the global font and size. The stanza
> number color is also applied but the italics shape asked is not applied,
> without
> any error message. Does someone have any idea why this is not working?
>
> My code is:
>
> \version "2.14.2"
>
> %%snip: page variables
>
> sopWords = \lyricmode {
>   \override StanzaNumber #'color = #(rgb-color .72 .13 .06)
>   \set stanza = "1."
>   %%snip: lyrics text
> }
>
> bassMusic = {
>   %%snip: music
> }
>
> \score {
>   \new ChoirStaff <<
>     %%snip: other staves
>     \new Lyrics = "sopranos" << s1 >>
>     \new Staff <<
>       \new Voice = "basses" << \global \bassMusic >> >>
>     \context Lyrics = sopranos \lyricsto basses \sopWords >>
>
>   \layout {
>     \context {
>       \Lyrics
>       \override LyricSpace #'minimum-distance = #1.0
>       \override LyricText #'font-name = #"Adobe Garamond Pro"
>       \override LyricText #'font-size = #2
>       \override LyricText #'font-shape = #'italic
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Thomas C.

I'm not a text-nerd but I think there is "Adobe Garamond Pro" _and_
"Adobe Garamond Pro Italic", so
\override LyricText #'font-shape = #'italic
is superfluous, if
\override LyricText #'font-name = #"Adobe Garamond Pro Italic"
is set.

At least I did a successful "womm"-test (works on my machine). :)

HTH,
  Harm