Re: Bug in lyrics placement in mensural music?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Bug in lyrics placement in mensural music?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:40:47 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "LilyPond User Group" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:38 PM

Phil Holmes wrote Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:02 PM

The code below produces the image attached.  As can be seen, using a
StaffGroup with mensural staves places the lyrics above the top stave, and I can't find an over-ride that gets them in the proper place. I _think_ this
must be a bug, but wondering if anyone knows better?

No, it's not a bug.  The problem is not with the lyrics but with
MensuralStaff, which is not accepted by StaffGroup, so they
both get pushed to the bottom.

Thanks, Trevor. The answer begs the question that it would appear deliberate that this works wrongly, but it still seems to work wrongly by default. It would seem that a StaffGroup _should_ accept a MensuralStaff by default?

--
Phil Holmes