Re: Centering lyrics in piano music for children

From: Daniel E. Moctezuma
Subject: Re: Centering lyrics in piano music for children
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 19:53:41 -0700

Hello Michael,

Below you will find one way of doing this. You will notice I removed the lefttext variable, and all the lyrics are now on the righttext, in order to have it centered and following the bass notes you can hide the notes and then unhide them as I did in the code below.
If the same behavior repeats on the bass, just hide and unhide the notes there.
Hope that helps.

---

right = \relative c' {

  c2 c | \hideNotes c c | \unHideNotes c e4 f | g1 |

}

left = \relative c' {

  \clef bass

  s1 | g2 g | s1 | s1 |

}

righttext = \lyricmode {

  Play pi -- | a -- no | all day _ | long.

}

\score {

  \new PianoStaff <<

    \new Staff = "right" { \new Voice = "rightsinger" \right }

    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "rightsinger" \righttext

    \new Staff = "left" { \new Voice = "leftsinger" \left }

  \layout {

    \context {

      \GrandStaff

      \accepts "Lyrics"