Re: Trying to set global staff size on the commandline using -e option

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Trying to set global staff size on the commandline using -e option
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 20:32:56 +0200

James <address@hidden> writes:

> On 30 September 2012 22:17, Gilles <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> My command I am trying to run is
>>>
>>> lilypond -e '#(set-global-staff-size 32)' --pdf myfile.ly
>
> Do you know why I cannot use the normal '#(set-global-staff-size 22)'
> or '(set-global-staff-size 22)' directly with the -e as that looks to
> me (as someone who doesn't know anything really) like a 'Scheme
> Expression'? or is this called something else?

It is a Scheme expression, but the docs state:

`-e,--evaluate=EXPR'
     Evaluate the Scheme EXPR before parsing any `.ly' files.  Multiple
     `-e' options may be given, they will be evaluated sequentially.

     The expression will be evaluated in the `guile-user' module, so if
     you want to use definitions in EXPR, use

set-global-staff-size works by redefining the value of $defaultpaper in
the _current_ parser module interpreting a .ly file, so you just don't
have some paper variable available at the point of time it is called.

--
David Kastrup