Re: midi, channel

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: midi, channel
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 22:12:34 +0200

Am 01.10.2012 12:52, schrieb Stefan Thomas:
Dear community,
is it possible, to assign different lilypond-instruments to different midi-channels? I assume this done automatically, if one creates a percussion staff, but what happens with others? I've openend the midi-file, produced with the below quoted snippet, with rosegarden and the two staves seem to be one instrument. If I change the Pan for one staff, it will also be changed for the 2nd.
How can I change it?

It think the snippet on

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/creating-midi-files
"/Changing MIDI output to one channel per voice"

seems to describe the situation you want to achieve.

HTH,

Marc
/

\version "2.16.0"
instI = {
  \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"voice oohs"
  c''1 R1*5
}
instIIII = {
  \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"voice oohs"
  R1 b'1 R1*4
}
\score {
  <<