Re: Text Spanner, with Text left-aligned to bar-line, and spanner line r

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Text Spanner, with Text left-aligned to bar-line, and spanner line right-aligned to subsequent bar-line?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 16:02:32 -0500

Hi Zenaan,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I can't suggest a fix, so I suppose the alternatives are to use the
>> function I gave you within narrow(ing) constraints, or eyeballing
>> values for '(bound-details left padding) to justify the left text to
>> the bar line case-by-case.
>
> The "narrow constraint" for my scores is a show-stopper: not able to
> use two voices on one staff.

Yup. I would think so :)

> I have reduced the example of this to a lean 1.5KiB, attached, which
> works fine (one voice only);
> and uncommenting line 50 (to include melody and bass voices on the one
> staff) produces the error:

Thank you for isolating the cause of the error like this.  I was able
to find the problem: I wasn't reliably locating the PaperColumn
associated with the left bound of the spanner, so I added a procedure
for that,  So now this should work fine with multiple voices.  (See
attached--I've fixed both your complex score and the test file.)
There's still that strangeness with line breaking within the capo
spanner, and if someone following this thread has thoughts concerning
the problems I mentioned earlier, please don't hesitate.

> (PS managed to upgrade to 2.16 this evening.)

Congratulations!  I think you'll like it--there are a lot of
improvements there over 2.14.

Anyway, hopefully this will do the trick.

-David