Re: unwanted barnumber

From: TaoCG
Subject: Re: unwanted barnumber
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 09:48:43 -0700 (PDT)

thomasmorley65 wrote
> Sorry, forgot to answer all.
> Here again:
>
> 2012/10/3 TaoCG <

> tao_lilyponduser@

> >:
>> When I typeset a dashed barline in the middle of a bar lilypond prints an
>> additional Barnumber in parentheses above it. Is there a way to avoid
>> this?
>
> Using:
>
> \relative c' {
>         \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)
>         c1
>         c8 c c c \bar "dashed"
>         c c c c
>         \break
>         d1 e f
>         \bar "|."
> }
>
> I can't confirm your observation with any tested version.
> i.e "2.14.2", "2.16.0", "2.17.0"
>
> -Harm

Ah sorry, it didn't occur to me that this might not be standard behaviour (I
suppose because of the parentheses, they make it look intentional).
I made a short snippet. Apparently the additional bar number is a result of
both of the overrides, comment out either and it will disappear. In my score
I use bar numbers every 5 measures.

\version "2.16.0"

{
  \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible
  \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #(every-nth-bar-number-visible 1)
  r2 \bar "dashed" r