Re: "Parallel music view" - inspiration for LilyPond editors.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: "Parallel music view" - inspiration for LilyPond editors.
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 13:12:44 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I'm getting "crowd-funded" for my work on LilyPond,
>>
>> Another new thing: https://www.gittip.com
>
> <URL:https://github.com/whit537/www.gittip.com/issues/126>
>
> I am not convinced a crowd-funding service that has still to find a
> solution for making actual payouts is the way to go.
>
> Why involve a "man in the middle" here?  Even if the "man in the middle"
> had a better plan how to interact not just with senders but also with
> receivers, I have problems seeing the point.

Now of course this is also due to the currently small size of the
project, but according to <URL:https://www.gittip.com/> by far the
largest receiver of "Git tips" with more than 10% of the currently
transferred mounts is its creator.

Mind you, the sums are not world-staggering, but it does make it look
like a project rather in its infancy.

--
David Kastrup