Re: Nice layout-feature

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Nice layout-feature
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 01:04:09 +0200

Sorry, sent an empty mail, clicking wrongly.

2012/10/6 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
> 2012/10/6 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
[...]
>> If my comments are above even your level, then it is not really
>> surprising that I get little to no reviews.  That does not leave much of
>> an audience.

Well, concerning reviewing patches, I've sometimes the following
_general_ problems
a)
Lack of english-language-skills
This is my _most_ common problem.
b)
Lack of knowledge about C++ or LilyPond-internals.
But I'm always trying to learn more. Due to (sometimes) very limited
time-resources I do learn slowly, but I don't forget what I've lerned
(in general :) )
c)
LilyDev and testing/applying patches
I still have some problems dealing with this and the git-commands.

Suggestion:
Would be nice if you could add code-examples to your comments on every
patch you make. I know, you do that already but perhaps some larger
ones?

Regarding <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2358> :
You _had_ added a code-example. But I didn't imagine the consequences.
Well, this was half a year ago, I'm quite sure I would understand more today.

BTW, you sometimes write large (and sometimes technical) explanations
(most recent:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-auto/2012-10/msg00082.html
)
I highly appreciate them, I _always_ learn something new.

Thanks.

-Harm